The Plovdiv Game Jam® is about experimentation, sharing, collaboration and learning from each other. All Jammers are expected to share their games by uploading their games, assets, source code etc.
Games are uploaded under the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 Creative Commons license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/).
This basically means the team that created the game, owns the original content and can do with it as they please, and that Plovdiv Game Jam® retains an original copy that other people can download, modify and distribute for non-commercial purposes.
All files necessary to run the game, as well as all assets, source code and project files created during the PGJ and necessary to rebuild/compile & link the game from scratch must be uploaded as well. Third party tools, libraries, engines and assets that are used for the game, but not created during the PGJ, may be omitted from the PGJ project submission. However, clear instructions must be included on how to purchase or obtain these resources in order to continue development on the game.
PGJ also reserves the right to remove any uploaded games if the content is offensive or unsuitable. This includes but is not limited to: games with harmful or prejudicial themes related to gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, appearance, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, or religion. If you see a game being created, or find a game on our site which would violate these terms email email@example.com or fill in this form (can be submitted anonymously).
POLICY FOR EMAIL USAGE (GENERAL)
Plovdiv Game Jam® respects our community member’s privacy. As a non-profit organization, Plovdiv Game Jam® will never sell or otherwise shared out participant’s emails for the purpose of profit to any third party organizations. Our general email list will remain a private list, used only for official communication from the Plovdiv Game Jam non profit and will include the PGJ Newsletter.
Consent to this general email usage policy is granted by participating in or registering for the Plovdiv Game Jam®.
- For Participants: Your email address will only be used by the PGJ. We do not sell or rent or email our general list of email addresses to third parties. Other than what is explicitly stated below, the PGJ will not share email addresses with unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or regular PGJ members. Please understand, your email address will be shared internally for communication of PGJ events and for compliance to any legal matters.
- The PGJ may also share your Email address with third parties to enable the PGJ to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, the PGJ may share Email addresses with third parties as necessary for the PGJ to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
USAGE OF GENERAL PARTICIPANT EMAILS:
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Provide service communications such as confirmations, program registrations, and community service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver Plovdiv Game Jam® community tools products and services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Share with third parties as required by law
- Shared with the PGJ General Sponsor for recruitment purposes
Plovdiv Game Jam® Policy on attending as a jammer
To participate in the Plovdiv Game Jam event, you must be a legal adult in the country in which you attend the PGJ. See our age policy.
PGJ might conduct studies and research related to each Plovdiv Game Jam event. PGJ research strives to explore, understand and grow the art of games and game jamming. We endeavor to protect the rights, welfare, and well-being of subjects involved in research conducted or supported by Plovdiv Game Jam® and the various researchers by adhering to strict legal and ethical protocols. Research is primarily conducted via survey or observation. PGJ participants may choose to opt-out of interviews and observations by advising the PGJorganizers.
No person may participate in a Plovdiv Game Jam event® unless they have reached 18 years of age or the age of majority (e.g. are legal adults) in the country of participation (whichever is younger). As an example, participants attending a PGJ site in Scotland or Cuba, must be 16 years of age or older to participate as that is the age of majority, while participants that join a site in the United States, New Zealand or Japan must be 18+ to attend.
The only exception to this rule is if the minor is accompanied by a legal guardian at all times while attending the jam.
The Plovdiv Game Jam® reserves the right to change, modify or make exceptions to all policies at will.
By participating in PGJ or using the PGJ website you accept and abide by the policies stated above. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.